How to Access QuickBooks Desktop Online
Run QuickBooks Desktop version anywhere
QuickBooks Desktop supports small businesses which can scale up to 30 users. It consists of several features such as automatic reminders, invoicing, inventory, bills, and account payable, tracking income and expenses, etc. Now the question arises: can you access QuickBooks Desktop online? Read the below-given article till the end to find this answer. You can also talk and take advice from the QuickBooks ProAdvisors team if you have queries.
How QuickBooks Desktop Online Works?
Mainly QuickBooks Desktop performs all of the major work. There isn’t a “desktop Online” version available. There are two types of online: desktop and online. Both the original Desktop version and the “Online” version of QuickBooks (QBO) are available (QBD).
Intuit has teamed up with the hosting environment to allow you to connect to the cloud and go mobile. Let’s take a look at how to use QuickBooks Desktop remotely and why it’s grown so popular.
What does Quickbooks Remote Access mean?
It is a secure server that allows users to access their PC from other systems from anywhere. It requires a strong internet connection. You can easily access your emails, documents, and many other things. This allows you to transmit your files from one place to another. There are many benefits of QuickBooks remote access, some of them are mentioned below.
Advantages of QuickBooks Remote Access
Check out the features and benefits of QuickBooks Remote Access before learning the steps to access it:
- It also saves time and money on infrastructure requirements.
- We may also easily print documents from a remote PC to a local printer.
- This also allows several users to collaborate on the same QuickBooks file.
- The ability to transfer files or folders between workstations is the first benefit of QuickBooks remote access.
- We may also copy and paste between local and remote computers.
- It’s simple to keep track of accountants’ activity with QuickBooks remote access.
What are the steps to access your QuickBooks desktop remotely
To access QuickBooks desktop remotely from your home, follow these steps:
- First, the user should go to the official Intuit Inc. website and sign up for QuickBooks Remote Access.
- After that, go to the QuickBooks Remote Access website and log in with your account credentials, such as your registered email address and password. It should be mentioned that before logging in, the user should open the Web browser on the system from which the QuickBooks software will be accessed remotely.
- After that, you’ll need to download the remote access tool installation file and then tap the “Setup computer” icon.
- The user must now type the System nickname in the “Nickname” field before tapping the “Next” icon.
- You need to ensure that you are checking the box for every remote session. “Automatically lower screen resolution to match,” “Use full-screen view by default,” “Disable this computer’s keyboard and mouse,” and “Make this computer’s screen blank” are among the alternatives.
- To proceed to the next step, the user must select the checkbox next to the apps in order to have remote access to this system.
- Select “Next” from the drop-down menu.
- When the user reaches the end of the process, he or she must check the box for the authentication method to be used. In that instance, the user has the option of entering a passcode or dialing a phone number. The passcode option allows him to input the passcode on the login page when he uses QuickBooks desktop remotely. There is a phone number option for accessing the code.
- Click on the Finish button.
Other options for accessing QuickBooks remotely:
- The initial step in this method is to open the system’s Web browser, then connect to the account using the QuickBooks Remote Access website.
- The user must then uncheck the box that was previously used to define the system nickname and click the “Connect” icon.
- The user must either enter a password or utilize phone authentication to authorize the desktop. In the event that the remote tool calls the user and asks for a passcode, the user must enter the passcode on the phone.
- To complete the process, select “Remote Access” from the drop-down menu, then “End QuickBooks Remote Access Session” after he or she is through.
From this article, you have gained knowledge about accessing your QuickBooks Desktop Online. Now, you have an idea about accessing QuickBooks desktop remotely. If you still have any queries or difficulties, contact QuickBooks certified experts for help.