Quickbooks File Doctor Not Opening: Easy Solutions
Quickbooks application is a great application when it comes to providing complete financial solutions. It offers different solutions to the firm including inventory management, keeping track of all the products and supplies, or providing training solutions. The application is designed in a way to surpass the industry standards. With this, you can also keep track of your customers, expenses, check the job status, and create invoices. Other than this, Quickbooks also offers some other great capabilities.
Besides all the great features that it has to offer, you may encounter issues while using the Quickbooks application. To resolve these common Quickbooks errors, the File doctor tool is used. But, this is another software and can sometimes encounter issues. There are times when the file doctor tool may not open or load on the system. In this article, we have discussed the file doctor not running issue in detail.
A Brief Introduction to Quickbooks Doctor Tool Not Working
Quickbooks offers different tools to the users including Quickbooks doctor tool, Quickbooks connection diagnostic tool, install diagnostic tool, and others to get rid of the common issues that one may encounter while using the application. Quickbooks doctor tool is a Quickbooks error repairing tool that one can use to fix common Quickbooks network and company file issues. But there are times when the user fails to run the tool on the system. Sometimes the application may hang, or displays some exception on the system. It implies that the “File doctor tool is not working”.
Sources of Quickbooks File Doctor Tool Not Working
So, if you are also facing a Quickbooks file doctor tool not working issue, you must be aware of all the reasons for the error. Here is a list of all the sources of the error.
- You may be attempting to restore any Quickbooks file which may not be successful.
- In case you have missed some of the crucial files when you installed the Quickbooks application.
- You may be attempting to update the company file.
- Also, if the company file is deleted, damaged, or corrupted.
- Other than this, there are chances that you are attempting to convert a previous version of the company file present on the network.
- The file that you are trying to access is incorporated.
Troubleshoot File Doctor Tool Not Working
There are multiple solutions for the Quickbooks doctor tool not working issue. Here, we have explained all the methods that can use to fix the issue.
Fix 1: Install Quickbooks Doctor Tool Again
The very first method to fix this issue is to install Quickbooks file doctor again on the system. This helps you to fix installation issues in case you have missed any files at the time of installation.
- First, you will have to download the latest version of the Quickbooks doctor tool on the system. Make sure to download it from a trusted source.
- Next, you will have to save the downloaded file on an easily accessible location or the desktop.
- You will then have to ensure that you have connected your system to the internet. Also, update all the Windows files.
- After this, you will have to click on the downloaded file and then open the installation file.
- In the installation window, you will have to click on the Next button and follow the instructions appearing on the screen to complete the installation process.
- While installing the application, make sure to log in to your system as an admin.
- Other than this, you will have to check if the multi-user mode is turned ON if it is turned ON, you will have to turn it off.
- Also, ensure to download the USA version of the tool.
- Make sure to configure the firewall application in a way that there are no issues while using Quickbooks.
Method 2: Disable Hosting and Change Firewall Settings
Go through the steps mentioned below to turn off Quickbooks hosting mode and also, configure the Firewall properly.
- To start with, you will have to start the antivirus application on your system. Under this, you will have to tap on the web and email option.
- Next, you will have to go to the firewall option and then tap on the option for Port and system services.
- When done, under the port section, tap on Add option.
- Now, you will have to enter eMule as the service name. Under the TCP/IP section, you will have to enter TCP data.
- After this, you will have to hover to the UDP port and then enter TCP data.
- When done, you will have to tap on the Open ports tool tab and then select the All systems option.
- In the end, you will have to tap on Save. Start your system again.
Method 3: Manually Start File Doctor Tool
So, if the Quickbooks file doctor tool does not start on your system on its own, you will have to manually start it. Check out the steps to start Quickbooks file doctor manually.
- First, start the Quickbooks application and then wait till the “No company open” window appears on the screen.
- You will then have to hover to the File tab and click on the Utility option.
- Under this, click on the repair file issues.
- You will then have to run the Doctor tool on the system.
File doctor tool not working issue may occur because you have installed corrupted or damaged files on your system. With all the methods that we have mentioned, you will be able to resolve the issue easily. However, if you face issues while fixing the issue, you can contact the support team.