If you are considering expanding your business to Greece, you are on the right track. Greece is a strategic location with a stable political environment and a skilled workforce. In this guide, we will explore the different options you have to establish your presence in Greece, including incorporating a company and using Global PEO services.
Why You Need to Be Interested in Expanding into Greece
Greece is a country with a rich history and a vibrant culture. It is strategically located at the crossroads of Europe, Asia, and Africa, making it a gateway to these markets. Greece has a highly educated and multilingual workforce, which makes it an attractive destination for companies looking for talent. In addition, the Greek government has implemented business-friendly policies to attract foreign investors, making it an ideal location for business expansion.
The Process of Expanding to Greece by Incorporating Your Company
If you decide to incorporate a company in Greece, here are the steps you need to follow:
- Choose a unique name for your company and reserve it with the Greek General Commercial Registry.
- Open a bank account for your Greek company and deposit the minimum share capital required by law.
- Prepare the articles of association and file them with the Greek General Commercial Registry.
- Obtain a tax identification number for your company.
- Register your company with the Greek Social Security Fund and the Greek Tax Authority.
- Obtain any necessary permits and licenses for your business activities.
- Hire employees and start operating your business in Greece.
Global PEO Greece: An Alternative for Your Expansion
If you prefer not to incorporate a company in Greece, you can use Global PEO services as an alternative. Global PEO, also known as Employer of Record (EOR), is a service that allows you to hire employees in Greece without having to set up a legal entity. The Global PEO provider becomes the legal employer of your staff in Greece, taking care of all the administrative and legal tasks related to employment.
The Process of Global PEO services Step by Step
Here are the steps you need to follow to use Global PEO services in Greece:
- Choose a reputable Global PEO provider that offers services in Greece.
- Discuss your business needs with the provider and agree on the scope of the services, including the number of employees, the duration of the engagement, and the costs.
- Sign a contract with the provider that outlines the terms and conditions of the engagement.
- The provider will hire employees on your behalf and become their legal employer.
- The provider will take care of all the administrative tasks related to payroll, taxes, and benefits.
- You will manage your employees’ work, but the provider will be responsible for compliance with the local labor laws and regulations.
- You will receive one invoice from the provider that includes all the costs related to your employees in Greece.
Recruitment in Greece
Recruitment in Greece follows similar processes to many other countries. Here are some steps and tips to help you with recruitment in Greece:
- Define your recruitment needs: Determine the number of employees, job positions, qualifications, and experience required for each role.
- Write job descriptions and job postings: Craft job descriptions that accurately describe the job roles, qualifications, and experience required. Post job listings on local job boards and social media platforms.
- Search for candidates: You can use local recruitment agencies, social media platforms, job boards, and employee referrals to find candidates.
- Conduct interviews: Shortlist the most qualified candidates and schedule interviews to assess their skills, experience, and cultural fit.
- Check references: Verify the references of your preferred candidates to ensure they have a track record of good work.
- Offer employment: Once you have identified the best candidate, offer them employment and negotiate the terms of the contract.
- Onboard employees: Once the candidate accepts the job offer, onboard them by providing necessary training, equipment, and resources to succeed in their role.
When recruiting in Greece, there are a few factors you should consider:
- Language proficiency: In Greece, the official language is Greek. However, English is also widely spoken in many industries. Ensure that your employees have a good command of either or both languages, depending on your business needs.
- Work permits and visas: If you plan to hire non-EU employees, they will need a work permit and visa to work in Greece. Ensure that you comply with the local regulations related to employment of foreign workers.
- Labor laws: Ensure that you comply with the local labor laws and regulations related to recruitment, such as non-discrimination and equal opportunity laws.
- Cultural fit: Cultural fit is essential in Greece. Consider the cultural differences in your recruitment process and ensure that you hire employees who can adapt to the local culture and work environment.
By following these steps and considerations, you can successfully recruit employees in Greece and build a strong workforce for your business.
Expanding your business to Greece can be a smart move if you are looking for a strategic location, a skilled workforce, and a business-friendly environment. Whether you decide to incorporate a company or use Global PEO services, make sure you do your research, understand the costs and benefits of each option, and seek professional advice if necessary. With the right approach and the right partners, you can successfully establish your presence in Greece and take advantage of all the opportunities this market has to offer.