Bothered by QuickBooks error 6073? Are you receiving a message along with it that says, “QuickBooks is unable to open this company file. It may have been opened by another user…”? If you are searching for an effective troubleshooting methods to get through this issue, we have a solution for you. The problem usually arises if you are unable to use the company file if it is already being accessed by another user in single-user mode. Hence, to know the exact reasons and solutions let us look into this matter in brief.
If QuickBooks error 6073 restricts you from operating the company file, directly reach out to our team of technical experts by dialing Toll-Free 1.800.579.0391.
Top Causes That Provokes the Company File Error in QuickBooks
Can you not understand what is the reason behind constantly receiving the issue in QB? We are here to help you with the factors that affect the error. Check them out-
- A user is probably using the company file in single-user mode and hence, you cannot access it.
- You come up with such an issue because the company file might have been stored in one of the read-only network folder.
Recommended to read :QuickBooks Error 184
Instant Process to Overcome Error Code 6073 in QuickBooks Desktop
Struggling to get suitable troubleshooting methods to get rid of the error, but unable to find so? Try performing the solutions described below-
SOLUTION 1: Switch from Single-User Mode to Multi-User Mode
If a workstation runs the data file in Single-user mode-
- Exit QuickBooks in workstations.
- Go to the host computer to open the company file.
- In the company file, select the ‘File’ menu and click ‘Switch to Multi-user mode’.
If the server computer runs the data file in Single-user mode-
- To exit the company file, select the ‘File’ menu, then ‘Close Company’.
- Open the file again, click on the ‘File’ menu to select ‘Open or Restore Company’.
- Tap ‘Open a company file’ and then ‘Next’.
- Locate your company file and click ‘Open file in multi-user mode’.
- At last, hit ‘Open’.
SOLUTION 2: Use File Doctor Tool from the QuickBooks Tool Hub to Resolve the Company File Error
- First, you require to download the current version of QuickBooks Tool Hub. After downloading, save the file to a convenient location.
- Now, to begin the installation process run the ‘QuickBooksToolHub.exe’ file.
- Follow the steps as prompted on the screen and checkmark the relevant checkboxes wherever required.
- At last, hit ‘Finish’ to complete the installation.
- Now, go to your Windows desktop and click twice on the Tool Hub icon to run it.
- Tap the ‘Company File Issues’ menu and choose ‘Run QuickBooks File Doctor’.
- From the drop-down arrow, find your company file.
- Hit the ‘Check your file’ option and then ‘Continue’.
- The process of identifying and resolving the errors might take some time. Once it’s done, operate your company file.
Now that you have read the entire article, we suppose you must have a got an idea on what to do the next time you receive the QuickBooks error 6073. Our experts have experimented both the fixing methods mentioned here. However, if some glitch comes over while troubleshooting, you might not be able to rectify the error As a result, you must immediately have a one-to-one conversation with one of our experienced professionals for efficient solutions at 1.800.579.0391.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error 15223