Any crime committed in the apartment involves blood and other biological fluids spills, which have to be thoroughly cleaned. Bloodstains on furniture upholstery are a problem that can be difficult to deal with. Such stains quickly penetrate the fibers of the fabric, and any wrong methods of removing blood can lead to the situation when the furniture upholstery will be spoilt. If you are not planning to throw your furniture out, the best solution in such a situation would be to ask professional cleanup services like crime scene cleanup services Deer Park Texas to take care of upholstered furniture. Specialists are able to work with different types of upholstery and will be able to choose the right tools and methods to remove the stains without damaging the furniture itself.
However, if you are used to doing everything yourself, our tips will help you effectively remove blood stains from furniture.
There are some simple rules to follow if you want to get rid of blood stains and not to spoil the furniture.
1. Remove blood stains immediately while they are still fresh. When the blood dries, it will be much harder to deal with.
2. In the process of removing blood stains, use only cold water.
3. A big mistake is to apply the cleaning product directly to the stain. Crime scene cleanup services Deer Park Texas first apply it on a sponge or napkin and then start cleaning it. You can follow their tips.
4. If you don’t want to make the stain bigger in size, do the cleaning from the edges to the center.
5. Crime scene cleanup services Deer Park Texas also recommend testing any cleaning product on the seamy side of the upholstery before washing the blood from the furniture in order to see how the fabric will react to the applied product. If the upholstery of your furniture is made of delicate fabrics, you’d better not to take risks and consult a specialist. Professional dry-cleaning is really helpful in removing complex stains, including bloodstains.
The easiest way is to clean the stain while it is still fresh. Laundry soap, cold water, and a clean sponge are the perfect solution that even professional services like crime scene cleanup services Deer Park Texas resort to. The procedure is simple: wet the stain with a dry cloth, then soap the sponge and clean the stain, then remove the remnants of soap and dry with a dry towel. If everything is done carefully, the stain will disappear. However, you should know that this method can hardly work if you deal with huge blood spills.
Ammonia solution also copes well with bloodstains. What you need to do is add 1 tablespoon of ammonia to 1 glass of cold water and apply to the bloodstains on your sofa or other upholstered furniture.
Pharmaceutical peroxide can be used for cleaning textile upholstery as well. You should apply it to the stain and leave it for a few minutes to form foam, then use a damp cloth to remove the foam and peroxide residue.
Of course, all the above methods do not guarantee you 100% stain removal. If you want 100% results, you need to turn to professional services like crime scene cleanup services Deer Park Texas.
Also check: website