Methods to Debug “QuickBooks Connection Has Been Lost” Error
If you have ever come across the “The connection to the company file has been lost. QuickBooks must close immediately. Any unsaved data will need to be re-entered” message, you must know that it means QuickBooks connection has been lost. So while you make an attempt to run or access your QuickBooks Desktop application, you receive the issue. We are here to guide you on how you can get rid of the problem quickly and permanently. Additionally, we have also explained the causes that give rise to this error. Make sure to give this article a read till the end.
If you are having any issues in rectifying the ‘QuickBooks connection has been lost’ error, do not hesitate to consult one of our certified QB professionals by dialing our Toll-Free 1.800.579.0391.
Major Reasons That Provokes the “QuickBooks Connection has been lost” error
The reason for incurring the error is entirely different for a user who uses a standalone computer and for a user who does not. Read out the following points to acquire knowledge of the reasons for both types of computers-
- A standalone computer: Verify if your company file requires any additional permission to run as it might not have enough permission. Another reason could be the corruption of the data file.
- Next, if you are not a standalone computer user, instead the system is linked to a network and the company file is on another computer, there is a probability that you have not disabled the power-saving mode or the internet connection is slow or unstable.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks error 12152
Easy Ways to Overcome the Problem When QuickBooks Loss Its Connection
If you are a Standalone Computer User
SOLUTION 1: Download and Install QuickBooks Tool Hub and Make Use of Quick Fix my Program Tool
- Start the process by downloading the recent version of QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Save the downloaded ‘QuickBooksToolHub.exe’ file to an easy location.
- Now, go to the file and run it.
- As you begin to install the program, make sure to follow every instruction displayed on the screen.
- Accept the terms and conditions, and select ‘Finish’.
- Now that you have completed the installation process, go to the desktop to run the application.
- Hit the ‘Program Problems’ menu and click on the ‘Quick Fix my Program’ tool.
- Once the tool resolves all the issues, open your QuickBooks Desktop.
If you are not a Standalone Computer User
SOLUTION 2: Verify if the Power Options are Turned Off in the Power Management Settings
- Go to the computer where you have saved your company file.
- Click on the ‘Start’ button to open ‘Control Panel’.
- Choose the Power options.
- Now, you need to disable the standby, hibernation, and sleep modes from the computer.
- Once you have disabled all the options, try to restart your QuickBooks.
We now conclude the article here. We suppose after going through this article, you must have resolved the ‘QuickBooks Connection has been Lost’ error successfully. On our experts advice, we have provided the above-mentioned troubleshooting methods as they have already tried them. However, if the issue does not go away, we suggest immediately having a one-to-one consultation with our team of QuickBooks experts at Toll-Free 1.800.579.0391.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error 6073